Thread: ZoneAlarm setting to start with windows disabled after using "Stellar Smart" disk monitor.

wysiwyg Guest

Default ZoneAlarm setting to start with windows disabled after using "Stellar Smart" disk monitor.

After I installed, and then uninstalled, the evaluation version of "Stellar Smart"http://www.stellarinfo.com/hard-drive-monitor.htmthe ZoneAlarm Pro setting to start with Windows was disabled without any warning given by ZoneAlarm.Also, the AVG control center no longer started when my PC is rebooted or when I logged on. A subsequent full AVG scan found nothing after "Stellar Smart" was uninstalled.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:6.5

Default Re: ZoneAlarm setting to start with windows disabled after using "Stellar Smart" disk monitor.

Hi!

My guesses are: the data streams of the drive were examined by the antivirus and there was a conflict or the kernel drivers of the windows or the monitoring software to the HDD were in conflict now with the antivirus and the ZA. Either way or something else is involved.

Perhaps just having backups of the HDD or data in case of HDD failure is the best approach.The monitoring soft probably cause more wear than what is experienced in the first place.

Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Thread Information