Thread: Win 32.yok, still showing up as a Trojan, in antispyware scan. Definitions 8/30/2006

hawkeyelom Guest

Default Win 32.yok, still showing up as a Trojan, in antispyware scan. Definitions 8/30/2006

Earlier around 8/10 this was reported as a false p amd woudl be fixed about positive and would be fixed about that FridayIt showed up in my scan tooday (reg entry only) if I delete and reboot and scan it shows up again. I have latest defintions.Was/is this a false positive and has not been fixed or was it accidently reintroduced?

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:6.5

Message Edited by hawkeyelom on 08-30-2006 08:27 PM

unhappy_viewer Guest

Default Re: Win 32.yok, still showing up as a Trojan, in antispyware scan. Definitions 8/20/2006

The latest definitions came out at about the 30 August. Check the following post to see if you have the latest antispyware definitions.:
    http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...essage.id=5744

Message Edited by unhappy_viewer on 08-31-2006 02:22 PM

hawkeyelom Guest

Default Sorry for typo my definitions are 8/30, the latest

Definitions 8/30 latest

unhappy_viewer Guest

Default Re: Sorry for typo my definitions are 8/30, the latest

See if the next definitions fixes the false-positive. Remember that even tough a definition is released on the 30th August, the definitions may have been compiled earlier and just underwent quality testing. So it may not be fixed before definitions left development and went through testing.

tony_a Guest

Default Re: Win 32.yok, This problem is now fixed.

This problem is now fixed!

The problem was never with Spyware Doctor. It just got ahead of ZA in its spyware prevention.

ZA has now caught up with Spyware Doctor, and todays download of spyware data file version 01.200609.340 corrects the ZA problem.

Running ZA spyware now shows a clean scan with the Spyware Doctor registry entry in place to prevent the Win32.Yok (actually estalive).

This should end this problem.

Tony_A

Message Edited by Tony_A on 09-06-2006 03:52 PM

Thread Information