Thread: Connecting to unknown IP

seebeeess Guest

Default Connecting to unknown IP

I am using WordPerfect Mail 2 for e-mail and have blocked an IP that is called up everytime I start the program. So far I have not suffered any obvious adverse effects, but I am wondering just what I am blocking from calling out. I have contactedCorel and my ISP and theyhave indicatedthat this IP has nothing to do with either of them. The called up IP is 212.67.202.68 (68-202-67-212.rev.prod.hosteurope.com) and various obscure TCP ports are being used to call out, such as 2562, 2680, 2699, etc. It only calls up with WordPerfect Mail and not with web browsers, etc. I use current versions of ZoneAlarm Security Suite,Spybot, Webroot Spy Sweeper, Windows Defender and have also tried various rootkit programs and online virus scanners, all of which have notfound any malware. There is also very little info on the internet exceptgeneral info regarding the IP. Does anyone know what this is?

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.5

Default Re: Connecting to unknown IP

Best regards.
    oldsod

Default Re: Connecting to unknown IP

http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/whois....e.net&email=on

Also, to see IP traffic in real time, run a program called TCPView from Sysinternals. Make sure you run it in with Administrator priveleges if you have W2K or XP to see which programs are opening and closing the connections.

Thread Information