Thread: I am being redirected to someother link when I sign-in a Forum

kournikovabug Guest

Default I am being redirected to someother link when I sign-in a Forum

I am a registered member in a forum. The forum has a section called for so called thick skinned and not for faint hearted. Here controversial topics are discussed and it is here that I got messed with some members. So now when ever I log on to the site and try to sign in to the forum, after typing username and pass I am being re-directed to this url : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/***** . I can normall browse the forum without signing but the moment I sign in I am being re-directed
    So what do you think could have been done to my pc ??
    I have Symantec Antivirus Corporate 10, Zone Alarm Pro 6.5.722, Ad-aware SE Plus, Spybot S and D running.
    Do you think this is some malicious act by those guys ?? If yes how can I beat them by signing into the forum ??

billc Guest

Default Re: I am being redirected to someother link when I sign-in a Forum

I'm not sure. What version of Zone Alarm are you using? The URL is not posted but if it is an "adult" site, please do not post it.

kournikovabug Guest

No it does'nt take me to some adult link but it redirects me to the meaning of the word ***** on Wikipedia I have given the URL it is in white color so may be you did not notice it

billc Guest

You're right; I couldn't see the link because it is white. And now that I understand a bit more I do think that perhaps you're the subject of some foolishness. But at this point I'm not sure what they're doing. If you want to get into the forum, see if you can go through this proxy. . If the people that are doing this have administration privileges they could easily write code that would redirect your IP to site you posted. That's why I
    'm suggesting you try the proxy.

Thread Information