Thread: zap acting strange? w13.www.narod.ru

alias_ Guest

Default zap acting strange? w13.www.narod.ru

Hi there,

Just wondering, is it normal for za to make connections to the address w13.www.narod.ru? i noticed that after i upgraded to za 6.5.737.00 (free), tcp/ip view indicated that vsmon.exe made a connection to the above address. I have never been to the narod site, however, on looking in the za privacy list, i notced that the address 'narod.yandex.ru' was listed after seeing vsmon connect to it in tcp/ip view. This seems rather odd to me since narod appears to be a somewhat obscure site and because the previous za version (5.5.094.00) i had been using never made connections to this address. Is this behaviour normal for the latest version of za? Do i have spyware? I ran kaspersky (lastest version with latest updates), ad-aware se, and spybot (also with latest updates), and found nothing. What could this be?

As a side note, i did download and install several of the latest windwows updates (from http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/) prior to installing the latest za 6.5.737.00.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version:6.5

Default Re: zap acting strange? w13.www.narod.ru

To me connecting to any Russian web site is sus, I think you might have problem there with a trojan or virus.

Thread Information