Thread: Zone Alarm won't start up!

moog Guest

Default Zone Alarm won't start up!

When I booted my computer I received an error message, a pop-up which said something in regards to a .dll file. No matter how many times I clicked on the "X" to close the box it kept reapeearing. I used Norton Ghost to restore my entire hard drive and everything seemed to work fine, until the next day. The next morning Zone Alarm would not start up again even after I restored my hard drive, it kept showing the hour glass symbol appearing and dissappearing, but Zone Alarm would not start up. I restored my hard drive again using Norton Ghost and tried to update to a higher version, while updating it said that "True Vector" has encountered a problem and needs to shut down. What is going on? Is this a computer hacker or is this on the side of Zone Alarm, anyone else experience this?

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:

ad_hock Guest

Default Re: Zone Alarm won't start up!

Hi moogI suggest you try a clean uninstall of ZASS. Follow this notes by Guru Bill.<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt">http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...d=23496#M23496<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt">You also may follow this method or using it to look for eventual remnants after the uninstall.<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt">http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...message.id=103<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt">After that (and it would be advisable to have downloaded a fresh installer),run the installer and do a clean install.<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt">Best regards

Thread Information