Thread: "Incompatability with Norton Anti Virus 2006"

neville_1sports Guest

Default "Incompatability with Norton Anti Virus 2006"

Each time I install a version of NAV I am told that it is incompatible with Zone Labs.Currently there is an NAV advisory in my system tray indicating ZA & under that advising that my computer is not protected.against intruders.Either this is correct & you should sue Symantec or alternatively Symantec knowes someting that ZA is not telling us.Which is it?

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.5

ad_hock Guest

Default Re: "Incompatability with Norton Anti Virus 2006"

You should disable the Internetworm protection in NAV as this is a little firewall that normally causes software problems with ZA that offers you a much better protection at firewall level.That may be the problem.Best regards

neville_1sports Guest

Thanks for your prompt reply but your response does not answer my questions but takes me into technical areas that I am not comfortable with. Why does Symantec make this assertion? It leaves me uncomfortable about ZA which has been a great product for many years.ThanksNeville

tasman Guest

I have used Norton AV 2006 for about 3 months and have turned off the worm protection and it has worked just fine for the me, just as AD has said Tasman

ad_hock Guest

As said if you have worm protection enabled there is a software conflict and NAV makes the assumption that something is wrong. Just disableit and hopefully the problem is solved.Best regards

Thread Information