Thread: Leaktest (GRC.com) says Zonealarm Pro is allowing it to connect directly to its server

iandyer Guest

Default Leaktest (GRC.com) says Zonealarm Pro is allowing it to connect directly to its server

Ther's a free download called Leaktest. It says that Zonealarm Pro is allowing it to connect directly to its server. It says this is a major firewall problem. But, I don't know what to do. I uninstalled and then reinstalled and updated Zonealarm Pro. I'm manually choosing what programs to let through. Anyone else have this issue?

Operating System:Windows XP Pro x64
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:6.5

Default Re: Leaktest (GRC.com) says Zonealarm Pro is allowing it to connect directly to its server

After you execute the test you'll receive an alert from ZA asking if you want leaktest to access the internet ,deny net access and you'll pass the test.

Message Edited by Greb49er on 09-22-2006 10:03 AM

Default Re: Leaktest (GRC.com) says Zonealarm Pro is allowing it to connect directly to its server

Of course you failed the first part of the test (as we all do) - You ran the program in the first place!

LeakTest is usually picked up by anti-virus programs (certainly McAfee does as a potentially unwanted program!). It uses FTP to connect to the host. This is VERY old technology and only tests one port. There are 65,536 ports.

For a more comprehensive list of tests of your security, try THESE - especially PCAudit and WB.

Thread Information