Thread: pinger & monitoring keystrokes

jdnlee Guest

Default pinger & monitoring keystrokes

hello,
    i'm a fairly new user with two questions. your support in helping me understand would be greatly appreciated.
    1. i have a toshiba laptop and i've noticed that the pinger shows up in the programs window of the zone alarm security suite center.
      just the name 'pinger' makes me suspicious. can i prevent the pinger from accessing my system or disable it?
    2. when i initially set up zone alarm, i'd receive messages upon start-up telling me that several programs were attempting to monitor my keystrokes, and i would deny that access.
      all of a sudden i stopped receiving those messages. does that mean that my keystrokes are being monitored? i'd prefer to keep those alerts on so that i know i've denied that access --
      isp, yahoo, etc.

thank you

jdnlee

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:

Default Re: pinger & monitoring keystrokes

Alrighty!
    pinger.exe is installed by Toshiba. http://www.liutilities.com/products/...ibrary/pinger/It's for software updates.

Default Re: pinger & monitoring keystrokes

Hi

Several of the Toshiba drivers and processes can be percieved as "monitors". These include the mouse, touchpad,LCD screen, power monitor and the keyboard components, all because they are "hooked". into the hardware itself. hence, they are often declared to be keyloggers or monitors of a sort.

If the popup appears click the properties or more information for details or just write the .exe involved. They can be googled. To know is to be wiser.

Oldsod

Message Edited by Oldsod on 09-30-2006 11:45 AM

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Anti-Spyware
    Software Version:6.5
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Thread Information