Thread: Lot of mails from Mailer-Daemon, postmaster > Different ways to report Spam

Hybrid View

ep Guest

Default Lot of mails from Mailer-Daemon, postmaster > Different ways to report Spam

I have running Zone alarm internet security. I'm a new user of the software.I receive for days incredible a lot of a-mails that is or Spam or infected with a virus in the attachment. I don't open the attachments.Senders are Mailer-Daemon, postmaster.. Mail delivery system(sub), etc.............Send to my .com name but before the @ strange letters.Subject: mail could not be delivered or return mail: response error or message you send blocked.... or ........................etc.All with an attachment, for example : Momentous note. You have to read. Or significant lettre. you have to read. Or weighty note. You have to read. Or detials.txt ......................etc.Or mails from persons I don't know send to persons I don't now and with the message out of the office.I don't know exactly how much I receive in 1 day but at least I think 60/80 .....or so
    the last days. It is to much.I deleted them or I click on Junk in Outlook.Can't Zone Labs stop this kind of e-mails????

Default Re: Lot of mails from Mailer-Daemon, postmaster..,Mail delivery system (subsystem... etc. Spam

All ZA and you can do is remove the spam from your inbox.
    What you need to do is get your ISP to improve their spam blocking systems.

ep Guest

Default Re: Lot of mails from Mailer-Daemon, postmaster..,Mail delivery system (subsystem... etc. Spam

Thank you.But Zone Alarm internet security should stop most of the SPAM mail isn't it? Otherwise I better take just an anti-virus software.Or do I not understand something?

Default Re: Lot of mails from Mailer ATTENTION GURUS HELP NEEDED PLEASE

Hi again

Contact your Internet Provider and inform them of this issue. They can take the matter into their hands and not just block the spammer out , but also persecute them. Obviously their servers need a new spam Block List or Black Listed Servers or DNSBL. The provider will require some records or some indication of email addresses to follow up on.

There are several official places to report this as well to help remove spammers from the 'Net.

The ZA has these introduced as spam and is being trained for this- please forgive since I stopped using antispammers long ago and just use the ZA AntiSpy version (which is the farest from any spam control). So really I am no help here, but some one should be able to give guidance.

Oldsod

BTW is it true that most internet traffic is email and most of it is just spam?

Message Edited by Oldsod on 10-16-2006 06:23 PM
    Best regards.
    oldsod

nwarp Guest

I'm in Australia. We are plagued by spam also. They offer jobs in Israel Norway Greenland you name it. Investment opportunities galore. Those here are masked by paragraphs of nonsensical text or quotes from books/novels before the punch line. This is to trick ISP anti-spam services into believing these messages are legitimate mail. I have an excellent ISP based anti-spam service at least 5 of these messages a day slip passed it. I just manually delete them and think if anybody takes notice of this type of mail must have rocks in their head. The originating addresses are always different and mostly fraudulent so a bit hard to intercept or report. One I received purported to originate in the offices of our Crime and Justice Commission.

For the last 36 hrs my ISP has been so over run by this type mail many of its services are being intermittently curtailed.

Regards from Down Under

Hi!

Sounds as though there is too much spam in the land.

http://sspbl.tripod.com/

http://www.castlecops.com/f230-Blue_Security.html

http://www.spamhaus.org/

http://spamcop.net/

http://www.spamlinks.net/

Different ways to report spam and to deal with spam and not the kind that comes in a can.

Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Thread Information