Thread: New Network Found

Hybrid View

normal Guest

Default New Network Found

I just got a message from Zone alarm :"New Network Found" it gave me the option of "KEEP IN Inernet Zone" what does this mean? What does NEW NETWORK FOUND MEAN??????

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version:

Default Re: New Network Found

It is possible that your DHCP server has renewed or changed your IP address which happens every so often if you are on a broadband connection.

normal Guest

I am on a cable, is that considered broadband? Thank you

normal Guest

Thank you

grashdur Guest

I've been having the same problem lately. It was happening just every so often, but now it's every time I start up the computer.

But it's not about my internet connection. Apparently whenever I shut down and start up again, ZoneAlarm somehow "forgets" my home network. So when the computer starts up, ZoneAlarm starts up and discovers a "new" network and asks what to do with it. I really don't want to automatically assume every time that it's my home network again, because what if one of these days it's really somebody from the internet trying to get into my computer? (The dialog box doesn't tell me which situation it is.) Also, I don't want to do this extra work every time I start up my computer.

It seems to me that this same thing happened a few months ago, and was solved by downloading and installing a "special" update. So what's wrong? How to fix this?

Thread Information