Thread: fingerprint.exe

userid Guest

Default fingerprint.exe

I am getting an app called fingerprint.exe running once or twice every day. I noticed it because on my task manager window I see suddenly a 50% CPU usage, which continues. I open task manager and under processes I see that the app using all this cpu is fingerprint.exe, which I terminate.

I am running ZA with AV, a paid version. XP with latest updates. Run Spybot, Adaware frequently. Added Spycatcher a few months ago. Now have added Xoftspy, Noadware, Spyware Blaster and Spyware Guard. Xoftspy found over a hundred malware items incluidng some nasties and quarantined them. Noadware found a few others and zapped them. But fingerprint.exe popped up again the AM and a run of all spyware progs shows no issues. Did a search of my C drive for fingerprint.exe and it isn't there. Google doesn't yield much info either.

Anybody have a clue on this?

Many thanks!

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Antivirus
    Software Version:6.5

Default Re: fingerprint.exe

fingerprint.exe can be legit, but chances are it is not. It can be found in the temporary folder, and can have extra associates involved with it. It can be a CWS and it can be associated with a trojan.

Best advice is down the HJT (HijackThis) and login at a security forum and do the steps before posting the HJT logs and get some expert advice with this problem.

HJT forum here

Message Edited by Oldsod on 10-30-2006 02:08 PM

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:5.x
    Best regards.

userid Guest

Default Re: fingerprint.exe

Thanks! Ran HJT and posted at Broadband.

Appreciate the help.

Thread Information