Thread: Never a dull day when you use ZA

ads Guest

Default Never a dull day when you use ZA

More freakish behavior from ZA at boot up. Security Center says ZA is reporting it is turned off even though I'm looking at the ZA icon flashing red/green in the tray. Shutting down ZA and reenabling it didn't help either. Rebooting didn't help either, still getting mesaage that ZA is turned off. Finally had to boot to an admin account, disable ZA from loading at startup, reboot, enable windows firewall, disable windows firewall, start ZA and set it up to load at startup & reboot to get it working again.

It'd be nice to get something in the way of an answer about what is going on with this version of ZA besides the standard suggestion to reinstall. I don't see how re-install #15 would be any different from the other 14 before it.

Oh yeah, really appreciated the fact I had to find out about the ZA update fiasco from a newspaper first. It's a riot that the Post can get info from ZoneLabs faster than the 'gurus' in ZA's own support forums. Stating users have
    a choice as to autoupdates is a laugh too. We may have a choice but how about a promise from ZL that that choice
    actually works?. I had ZA set for manual updates then sat in front of this computer and watched ZA try to update itself. Then when I checked the Overview>Preferences tab I found ZA had reset itself to check for updates automatically. I SAW this.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version:6.5

Default Re: Never a dull day when you use ZA

I kinda ignore what Windows Security Center says - it's more annoying than useful.If the ZA product is running and functioning, then ignore the Windows Security Center warnings.
    Saying that, I'm not loading 6.5.XXX.XXX - I'll be waiting for 7.X. I'm using 6.1 so the automatic updates won't bother me.

Thread Information