Thread: Zone Alarm Internet Security Suite 6.5.737.000 failed to block pop ups!!!

monster_z Guest

Default Zone Alarm Internet Security Suite 6.5.737.000 failed to block pop ups!!!

Go on this website-on Mozilla Firefox:
    softex.meganet.lt/
    than click "Anti-Spyware" icon,the first time Zone Alarm may block it,but than on Mozilla Firefox click Tools-Clear Private Data and than type again softex,meganet.lt,than again click "Anti-Spyware" icon,and the pop up window will open,DESPITE I PUT TO BLOCK ALL PO UPS(I PUT IT ON HIGH LEVEL,TO BLOACK ALL ADS AND POP UPS),but some pop ups are still opening-only a very few of them are opening,but they are still opening-when will Zone Alarm finally resolve this problem???

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.5

billc Guest

Default Re: Zone Alarm Internet Security Suite 6.5.737.000 failed to block pop ups!!!

Are you referring to this icon?

Default Re: Zone Alarm Internet Security Suite 6.5.737.000 failed to block pop ups!!!

This site is blocked by my security applications.

Come to think of it. Guru Bill image is blocked too.

Oldsod

Message Edited by Oldsod on 11-09-2006 01:38 PM
    Best regards.
    oldsod

monster_z Guest

<blockquote><hr>Oldsod wrote:
    This site is blocked by my security applications.

Come to think of it. Guru Billimage is blocked too.

Oldsod
    <hr></blockquote>

So,what should I do to block that pop up window-I may haven't configure my security applications very well.
    Big thanks!

billc Guest

Try this. Go to your ZASS > Privacy > Site List, click on the 'add' button, enter softex.meganet.lt then click 'ok'. Now locate the site you just entered on the Site List, right click on it and select 'options'. Next go through all three tabs to check everything and click 'apply' as you go through each tab. Now clean your browser cache and try the site again.

Did that work?

Hi

Some sites are tricky- what appears as a popup is actually enbedded in the web page itself. It is working by javascripts or VBS or activeX or such. It is sometimes not a true popup and this does fool the viewers- used by some sites to sell some product or subscription or maverick rogue type of security application or informs the viewer that his OS and security is sadly lacking and requires this product..

The Mobile Code for this site listed in the Privacy of the Zone Alarm should include block all ads and skyscraper and poups and third party amd private header and activeX and webbugs and VBS amd mime and java and javascripts and animations. That should fix it.

Basically plain HTML in other words.

My blocking in the Options or Mobile Code is set very lightly. Because of these....

1) Try blocking ads in the Host File.

Good explaination and links from wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HOSTS_file

2) Both Opera and FireFox browser offer excellent blocking and control for cookies, java, javascripts, referer, gifs, flash and neither use ActiveX or VBS.

Both offer poup filtering amongst it's many privacy filtering capabilities.

FireFox has a the AdBlock addon and a custom adblock.css available.

Opera has a Adblock builtin plus a custom adblock.css and a custom filter.ini is also possible.

Both the FireFox and the Opera have resources on the internet to alter the use of the users.js to block almost anything- flash, ads and flash by third party sites, referers and such. This does get very interesting once it gives you the taste of what can be done.

I use the Opera, if you haven't noticed, and also have added a custom block list of bad sites in the filter.ini.

Of course, even the IE offers popup blocking and sites listing that are allowed to use popups.

3) Excellent filtering can be done in Proxomitron or Privoxy. This works across for all the browsers. Both work by proxy in the PC and can be used to really customize sites and general browsing. Very powerful stuff.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proxomitron

or

http://www.castlecops.com/Proxomitron.html

Check out the Sidki filter set to start off with the Proxomitron for first step in this direction.

4) PeerGuardian and ProtoWall both offer P2P protection plus allowances for using lists to block malware, trojans, spyware, blacklisted DNS, etc and of course ads/popup blocking.

Presently there are 1.6 billion sites blocked in my ProtoWall- that took some time and effort to find appropiate lists that were useable or easily customizeable.

Oldsod

Message Edited by Oldsod on 11-09-2006 03:28 PM

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:5.x
    Best regards.
    oldsod

monster_z Guest

<blockquote><hr>BillC wrote:
    Try this. Go to your ZASS &gt; Privacy &gt; Site List, click on the 'add' button, enter softex.meganet.lt then click 'ok'. Now locate the site you just entered on the Site List, right click on it and select 'options'. Next go through all three tabs to check everything and click 'apply' as you go through each tab. Now clean your browser cache and try the site again.

Did that work?
    <hr></blockquote>

Big thanks,it works now!

Thread Information