Thread: Advanced Searchbar Toolbar

donski Guest

Default Advanced Searchbar Toolbar

I read about Advanced Searchbar Toolbar
    in PC Magazine and installed it. Know every time Zone Alarm scans my pc it want to quaratine the following.
    File: C:\Program Files\AdvancedSearchbar\RSSReader_plugin.dllFile: C:\Program Files\AdvancedSearchbar\asbwlist.dll
    Does anyone know if these are actual threats or should I configure Zone Alarm to ignore them

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.5

billc Guest

Default Re: Advanced Searchbar Toolbar

I don't think it is particularly dangerous, but it could bring you targeted ads you may not want. At least that's the view of Spyware Data website .

EDIT: You might want to read the EUL of the software. More often than not, freeware is not free but rather comes with spyware or adware and the URL should note that.

Message Edited by BillC on 11-26-2006 07:34 PM

donski Guest

Thanks, I'll check it out

advanced_search Guest

Advanced Searchbar
    is completetly safe. It has absolutely No Adware, No Spyware and No Malware. It's
    just another false positive from Zone Alarm. Hopefully they will fix it soon, and remove it from
    their database to avoid
    us initiating a
    lawsuit.
    Regards,Gerald O'DeaAdvanced Search Technologies, Inc.

advanced_search Guest

Hello Bill,
    Advanced Searchbar
    does not have ads nor does it display any unwanted ads. It's not spyware nor is it adware. As our EULA stats, NO ADWARE, NO SPWARE, NO MALWARE. There are no ads in our product. It's a shame you would reference some third rate site like Spyware Data.com that has a **bleep**py database, ( they never even tested our software) instead of doing some real research to answer the user's question. We are listed on all of the top download sites and have gotten great reviews.

billc Guest

Hey. I've been told this tool is not bad. As usual, I error on the side of caution until I find out differently.

Thread Information