Thread: "xx intrusions have been blocked since install"

charnes Guest

Default "xx intrusions have been blocked since install"

A few days ago I installed ZASS 6.5.737. In Overview > Status I see:

14 intrusions have been blocked since install
    0 of those have been high-rated

Can someone help me understand what type of intrusions this is referring to exactly? Can I see these intrusions logged and described somewhere?

Operating System:Windows 2000 Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.5

ad_hock Guest

Default Re: "xx intrusions have been blocked since install"

Go to tab Alerts & Logs,Log Viewer and you may find the blockings there divided in two main types,firewall and programs.Select one that you want more informations and, if available,in the box at the bottom 'entry detail'clicl more information and you get the informstion in your browser.
    Best regards.

charnes Guest

Right, I assumed they were there but I sure can't find 14 of them. Here's what I see for the various Alert Types:

Program: 2
    Firewall: 3
    OSFirewall: 1
    Anti-spyware: 0
    Anti-virus: 0
    IM Security: 0
    Spy Site Blocking: 0

That gives me 6. 'Show Last:' is set to 99. So I can't figure out what the other 8 intrusions were and where they're described or logged!

I just installed ZASS about a week ago, whereas previously I had ZAP. I assume "since install" would refer only to intrusions since the ZASS install a week ago? Maybe "intrusions" refers to something other than what I see in Alerts & Logs? Thanks for any help.

<blockquote><hr>Ad-Hock wrote:
    Go to tab Alerts &amp; Logs,Log Viewer and you may find the blockings there divided in two main types,firewall and programs.Select one that you want more informations and, if available,in the box at the bottom 'entry detail'clicl more information and you get the informstion in your browser.
    Best regards.
    <hr></blockquote>

ad_hock Guest

You'll find the complete logs in .txt files in the folder Internet Logs in c:\windows\Internet Logs.You also may access from the the tab alerts&Logs main advanced and then Log Control.It's also my interpretation that if you moved from ZAPro to ZASS the counter starts after the new install.
    Best regards

"Intrusions" are a misnomer because they just cannot happen. What is called an intrusion is more like an enquiry, or a knock on your computer's front door. Unlike your home, nothing can actually break in to your computer. For a better understanding, read this:-

http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...y.id=13190#M78

Thread Information