Thread: Zone alarm and remote control, VERY suspicious behavior. Please advice

Hybrid View

jeroenb Guest

Default Zone alarm and remote control, VERY suspicious behavior. Please advice

Hello everybody,

I just installed ZA with a friend of mine (well he installed it) and I took over his PC with Radmin (remote adminstrator tool).

Normally, I would not be able to change ZA's settings. I tried and I couldn't. Very good!

After rebooting (for an unrelated reason), I can adjust the ZA settings.

What is happening? I am very concerned!

Many thanks in advance,

Jeroen

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:6.5

Default Re: Zone alarm and remote control, VERY suspicious behavior. Please advice

You know - some people want that kind of access to their own PCs from remote access.Maybe ZA isn't detecting radmin as remote control software.

jeroenb Guest

Default Re: Zone alarm and remote control, VERY suspicious behavior. Please advice

I found out what is was:-). It has to do with the trust level of an application. 2 green bars will NOT allow radmin to remotely control ZA. 3 green bars WILL allow this!

I strongly feel this is an underdocumented feature! It took me a few hours to find this out.
    I hope this is useful information for those who are using a remote tool.

Please note that with 2 bars you can still control the remote computer, only ZA can not be manipulated

Message Edited by jeroenb on 12-11-200605:30 AM

Message Edited by jeroenb on 12-11-200605:30 AM

Thanks for that - useful indeed! :8}
    I assume one bar means you can't do much ...

Thread Information