Thread: Pop Up Blocker

bennydaroo Guest

Default Pop Up Blocker

Hi all,I have a problem in logging into a website that I need to use for my job. Basically, you log-in and then it loads up a pop-up window and installs the software required and loads up the program that I need to use. Once I turn off pop-up blocker, I can log-in fine but with it turned on I cannot use this website. This is one particular example, but there are many other websites which do this to me.
    Is there anyway I can configure ZoneAlarm Security Suite 6.5 to allow pop-ups from this log-in page, without actually having to turn off the pop-up blocker?
    Is my overall security on my computer harmed or reduced if I actually turn off the pop-up blocker?
    Also, in future, if I have websites (which don't have pop-ups like the one above, but simply don't load
    properly), how can I add them into ZoneAlarm so that they do load properly?
    Thanks for your help
    Ben

Operating System:
    Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite
    Software Version:

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.5

Default Re: Pop Up Blocker

Maybe try using your browser to block the pop-ups instead. You can set your browser to block popups, but still allow selected popups from site you choose.

critterjoe Guest

Default Re: Pop Up Blocker

<blockquote><hr>bennydaroo wrote:
    Hi all,I have a problem in logging into a website that I need to use for my job. Basically, you log-in and then it loads up a pop-up window and installs the software required and loads up the program that I need to use. Once I turn off pop-up blocker, I can log-in fine but with it turned on I cannot use this website. This is one particular example, but there are many other websites which do this to me.Is there anyway I can configure ZoneAlarm Security Suite 6.5 to allow pop-ups from this log-in page, without actually having to turn off the pop-up blocker? Is my overall security on my computer harmed or reduced if I actually turn off the pop-up blocker?Also, in future, if I have websites (which don't have pop-ups like the one above, but simply don't load properly), how can I add them into ZoneAlarm so that they do load properly?Thanks for your helpBenOperating System: Windows XP Pro
    Product Name: ZoneAlarm Security Suite
    Software Version: 6.5

Operating System: Windows XP Pro
    Product Name: ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version: 6.5

<hr></blockquote>

You can customize the Privacy Settings for each website in the ZA Control Panel at Privacy&gt;Site List. If you've visited the website during the current internet session, it will show up in the list. If it's not there, either visit it, or use the &quot;ADD&quot; button in the bottom right corner. For many websites that don't completely display content correctly, you can put a checkmark in &quot;mobile code&quot; and &quot;session cookies&quot; and that will be enough. For instance, if you want to download a file or read a .pdf at some website, and you get a &quot;This object is blocked&quot; alert, a simple checkmark in &quot;mobile code&quot; in the site list should allow reading the .pdf or a download of a file. (You should empty your cache and refresh your browser after you make changes in privacy settings to get rid of any old cookies, etc. which may be blocking). A few stubborn websites will require more customized tweaking. In that case, Right-click on the website in question and choose &quot;options&quot;. A box with 3 tabs will pop up--cookies, ad-blocking, and mobile code. You have to play around a bit to see which setting is blocking that website. But this allows you to customize the privacy settings for that one website without changing the global privacy settings of all other websites. If you use the sliders and radio button on the privacy Main tab, it will lower the privacy for all websites globally and equally, so it's better if you individually customize the websites that need lower privacy setting, which will leave the majority of websites at high privacy. Good luck.

Message Edited by Critterjoe on 12-30-200605:55 PM

Thread Information