Thread: Windows Reports No Firewall???

terry_quinn Guest

Default Windows Reports No Firewall???

Windows Security Center has begun reporting that the "Zone Alarm Firewall has been turned off" this morning.
    OTOH - ZoneAlarm says that it's on and the "Shields UP" test at Gibson research confirms this.
    Is this just another act in the ongoing "flea circus" that is ZASS 6.5 or do I actually have something to worry about?
    For now,
    I have turned off the Windows Security Center notification which gets rid of the warning but this all the bugs in this release are really getting annoying.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.5

billc Guest

Default Re: Windows Reports No Firewall???

I've seen this type of report before and in every previous case, Zone Alarm was working properly. My guess is the same with you, but to be sure, open your Zone Alarm control panel and see if you see All Systems Active in the upper right part of the GUI. If so, you're good to go. Just leave the Windows security thing off.

martinaj Guest

Is there any way that I can get ZoneAlarm to load earlier as my PC boots up?
    It currently loads last after the warning from Windows that
    it is "switched off".
    I would like it to load much earlier in the boot sequence.
    What is the best way to do this?

billc Guest

The Zone Alarm firewall engine does load as a service very early in the boot process. What you see loading is the Zone Alarm control panel which is a different application.

Thread Information