Thread: ZA alert.....trying to remove a driver or service????

bluebush Guest

Default ZA alert.....trying to remove a driver or service????

Hi
    I've just joined the forum though I've been happily using ZA for a long while!

I need some advice... just recently and each time I load windows (xp) ZA warns me that (one of a variety of apps) is
    trying to remove a driver or service: Eventlog\application\Microsoft H.323 Telephony Service provider.

Can someone explain whether I should allow/deny this. I've tried both and so far neither seems to make any difference to running programs etc.

I'm aware that H.323 is associated with Voip which I dont use.

What is going on? I've had a few worrying things going on recently and had to reinstall ZA as it refused to update or scan. Since then I've scanned everything several times with ZA and Symantec online scan and I use spybot, Adaware and System mechanic!

I checked out a few posts on the forum relating to the same issue but none had any resolution or explanation.

Regards
    Blue

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Antivirus
    Software Version:6.5

billc Guest

Default Re: ZA alert.....trying to remove a driver or service????

I don't think you've got anything to worry about. This alert usually comes from your having changed, upgraded, or in some way modified the 'application' that's trying to remove a driver. I've gotten these alerts myself and have done some research to find out what's going on. In my case and from your comments, in your case, nothing nefarious is going on. My solution was to check 'allow' and the 'remember this' box and then I stopped getting the alerts. I suppose I could have just as easily checked 'deny' and 'remember this' box. Your choice.

Thread Information