Thread: Two Problems: Outlook Express and Task Schedule

jaguanum Guest

Default Two Problems: Outlook Express and Task Schedule

1 - When I open Outlook Express, Zone Alarm
    shows the following warning:
    WARNING: Zone alarm will
    NOT work unless you display your "Folders List". You can display this by pulling down the "View" menu and selecting the "Layout..." menu item, then checking the "Folders List" check box.

Besides, the first time I click at the Outlook Express Tool Bar (Help, Message, View, etc.) Zone Alarm shows a Zone Alarm Security Alert as following:
    SOUSPICIOUS BEHAVIOUR: Outlook Express is attempting to monitor user activities on this computer. If allowed it may try to track or log keystrokes (user input), mouse movements/clicks, web sites visited, and other user bahaviours.
    2 - The MSTask.exe (Task Schedule)
    was oppening
    the ports 1025 or 1026 and Zone Alarm wouldn't manage to put my PC invisible (Stealth) on the Internet. So I had to disable the Task Schedule in order not to have my PC vulnerable on the Internet.
    Because of the two problems described above, I'm affraid that I have some TROJAN in my PC. But I have already used many anti-virus/anti-spywares, and they didn't find anything wrong.
    Why does it happen?
    What should I do in order to have Outlook Express working OK with Zone Alarm?
    And how about Task Schedule? Why does it oppen the ports 1025 or 1026?

Operating System:Windows 2000 Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.5

Default Re: Two Problems: Outlook Express and Task Schedule

The first problem. This is part of the OS firewall in ZA. Its just telling you that OEis wanting to see your mouse clicks, and keyboard input, tell it yes. This is so that if you do get a Trojan, and it doesn't have permission to monitor mouse and keyboard strokes, then it will never gather information on you. This is a good thing. As for the other, so you have the Windows Messenger turned off? Not the IM client but the service?
    My homes are SpywareHammer.com and DonHoover.net and BleepingComputer.com

Consumer Security - 2011 & 2012

Tilting at windmills hurts you more than the windmills.
    -From the Notebooks of Lazarus Long
    Senior of the Howard Families

jaguanum Guest

Hoov:Your answer is not so clear for me. Can you explain more?Thank you.

jaguanum Guest

I haven`t solved the first problem yet. When I open Outlook Express, Zone Alarm
    shows the following warning:
    WARNING: Zone alarm will
    NOT work unless you display your "Folders List". You can display this by pulling down the "View" menu and selecting the "Layout..." menu item, then checking the "Folders List" check box.

At first this warning doesn`t make sense for me, because I have already done what it says. I mean, I have already displayed my "Folders List".
    Besides that, I have already reinstalled Outlook Express two or three times but the problem continues. On the other hand this warning doesn`t appear when I open Microsoft Outlook, instead of Outlook Express. Because of that I began to think that Outlook Express has some problem.
    Can someone help me to solve this problem?

From the way you ask and answer questions, I am assuming that your first language isn't English. What language version are you using? Both ZA and windows? Also the first question you asked. Outlook needs to monitor the keyboard and mouse inputs. That way OE will know when you click something or type a message.

Message Edited by Hoov on 01-22-2007 02:51 PM
    My homes are SpywareHammer.com and DonHoover.net and BleepingComputer.com

Consumer Security - 2011 & 2012

Tilting at windmills hurts you more than the windmills.
    -From the Notebooks of Lazarus Long
    Senior of the Howard Families

Thread Information