Thread: ZoneAlarm Default Settings Reset

Hybrid View

watcher Guest

Default ZoneAlarm Default Settings Reset

Dear Sir/Madam:

Yesterday, I noticed that ZA was updating when I connected to the Internet via a modem. The white arrow appeared over the Notification icon. However, I had previously disabled automatic updating. Today, when I booted up, ZoneAlarm started a spyware scan but I had the Scan scheduler feature disabled previously as well. When I checked, I noticed that many settings had been changed back to what appears to be their defaults and the password I had set previously was now gone. How can that happen? If I have password-protected the settings, how can that occur? I'm hoping someone from ZoneLabs can answer this question for me. I have other security software on my computer so ZA is not a single point of failure. Please advise.

Thanks

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:6.5

billc Guest

Default Re: ZoneAlarm Default Settings Reset

This can happen if your Zone Alarm database gets corrupt. Unfortunately that happens from time to time usually caused by an "unusual" shutdown like a power outage or crash. Reset your database then adjust your settings as you wish them to be. Reset the database this way; you will lose your customizations and will need to reconfigure Zone Alarm.

1. Boot your computer into the Safe Mode. {Instructions if needed}
    2. Navigate to the c:\windows\internet logs folder.
    3. Delete the backup.rdb and iamdb.rdb files in the folder.
    4.Reboot into the normal mode.

watcher Guest

Default Re: ZoneAlarm Default Settings Reset

Dear Bill:

Thanks. In my case, it is BSODs associated with Opera's latest version browser. I have the computer set to automatically reboot upon system failure. It crashes intermittently when I close the browser after terminating my Internet connection. Have not figured that one out yet.

Thanks again,

Paul

Thread Information