Thread: New User of Trial ZoneAlarm Security Suite needs with several questions about repeat security alerts

raquelita Guest

Default New User of Trial ZoneAlarm Security Suite needs with several questions about repeat security alerts

I have received 65 alerts that the firewall has blocked access to my computer from 66.158.93.59 (TCP port 4923 and other ports earlier) (TCP flags:S). I access the internet through a dialup connection. Trusted zone security level medium. My questions: (1) Is it okay to just check "Don't show this dialog again" or (2) if not, how do I deal with the problem? I don't know how to follow the general instructions About using the ZA alerts and logs panel to resolve the problem. Where is the panel?

Default Re: New User of Trial ZoneAlarm Security Suite needs with several questions about..

Hi!(1) yes... it is OK to turn it off, intrusions will be still logged but without a pop-up (and if you want it back just go to "Alerts and Logs" Tab --> Main tab -->Alert Event Show --> move itfrom OFF to medium)(2) if you go to the "Alerts and Logs" Tab --> Log viewer tab --> Alert Type --> you can browse throughthe firewall log and alerts.That IP corresponds to:OrgName: Illinois Century Network
    NetRange: 66.158.0.0 - 66.158.127.255
    CIDR: 66.158.0.0/17
    NetName: ICN8
    NetHandle: NET-66-158-0-0-1
    Parent: NET-66-0-0-0-0
    NetType: Direct Allocation
    NameServer: NS1.ILLINOIS.NET
    NameServer: NS2.ILLINOIS.NET
    Comment:
    RegDate:
    Updated: 2002-07-31
    Does it says anything to you? If not, just ignore it, it is internet background noise.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

raquelita Guest

Default Re: New User of Trial ZoneAlarm Security Suite needs with several questions about..

Thanks.

You're welcome...Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information