Thread: avast! home + zone alarm free

themonk Guest

Default avast! home + zone alarm free

I have heard of an incompatibility issue between avast! home edition and zone alarm free edition... it has something to do with your computer crashing frequently or something..... can someone please tell me more on this issue and how it can be fixed?

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version:7.0

Default Re: avast! home + zone alarm free

I have used the Avast and the Zone Alarm and had no issues.
    Is your PC crashing ?

Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

naivemelody Guest

Are you thinking of
    ZA not recognizing Avast? If it is, check out this past post and read the replies - http://forums.zonealarm.com/zonelabs...ssage.id=17199
    . If you're thinking of something else, please be more specific, where did you here it? :0NaiveMelody NYC 4-3-07~12:30am e.s.t. - Bad moon rising - Creedence Clearwater Revival

zaswing Guest

Older verion(s) of Avast, at the time of installation, were giving a muddy message about incompatibility in the privacy area. The bottom line was to not install one of 7 components of Avast if someone already had privacy screening in ZA. That NEVER applied to ZA free since only ZA Pro and higher have privacy monitors.
    The more recent installation of Avast do not give any warning. They've discussed it with ZoneLabs and all is well now. What needs to install does, and that's that.
    ZA free works very, very well with Avast. At least ZA free 6.5 does. The only ugly thing is that no matter in what sequence you install, ZA monitor says 'you have no virus protection'. So you can shut off the monitor if it annoys.

Thread Information