Thread: Start-up

jailthehackers Guest

Default Start-up

Don't know if this is an issue or not, however, since my much faster computer **bleep**ped out,I've been using an older system for the Internet and other projects.
    My point is, it takes a ton of time to boot up. I have high speed cable and unplug it every time Ishut down. After booting back up, I only go back online after ZA has showed itself on the toolbar.Is my system vulnerable during this time of boot?
    Can I keep my pute online before start-up or should I continue with what I've been doing?
    Thanks

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:7.0

Default Re: Start-up

That's the ZA 7.X KAV6 anti-virus scanning on boot-up slowing the boot-up down.

jailthehackers Guest

Thanks for the reply, however, not what I was asking
    about.

naivemelody Guest

The question of when the ZA firewall is protecting your computer,
    ZA is protecting your computer long before you see the ZA icon visually show up and regardless of what other background programs show on the task bar or regardless of what order those other programs visually show up, for many ZA will show up last. Having said that, there are rare occasions when True Vector isn't properly initialized, and you'll see a big RED/YELLOW X in the ZA system tray icon, and in program control you'll see words like "
    Error Please
    Reboot". My recommendation, is wait to see the ZA icon and make sure your ZA
    system is running fine before putting in the plug, and yes it is kinda slow - the price/side effect of excellent firewall protection and more precise user program control. I'm un-plugged too, until everything is fine.NaiveMelody NYC 4-11-07~1:04am e.s.t. - Any colour you like - Pink Floyd

Message Edited by NaiveMelody on 04-10-200711:29 PM

jailthehackers Guest

Thanks alot. I'll continue to stay offline until evrything is up just to stay on the safe side.

Thread Information