Thread: ZoneAlarmFREE vs7.0 gives problems with IE7 and OUTLOOK when Firewall default settings are used

gerda_cees Guest

Default ZoneAlarmFREE vs7.0 gives problems with IE7 and OUTLOOK when Firewall default settings are used

When I use the default settings of ZoneAlarm(FREE,version 70.0.337) in Firewall, I get no connection with POP/SMPT for my OUTLOOK(2003 SP2) and also Webpages are not coming in ("Page not found&quotThe default settings are HIGH for INTERNET Zone Security, and MEDIUM for THRUSTED Zone Security
    These problems do not occur always however. But most of the time the problem is there. Sometimes the problem is away for OUTLOOK, but stays for INTERNET.
    When the problem is there and I change the setting of the Firewall in MEDIUM all problems are directly away

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version:7.0

Default Re: ZoneAlarmFREE vs7.0 gives problems with IE7 and OUTLOOK when Firewall default settings are used

Add your DNS and DHCP server to the trusted zone. There is instructions on my site on how to add it, as well as how to find out what they are.
    My homes are SpywareHammer.com and DonHoover.net and BleepingComputer.com

Consumer Security - 2011 & 2012

Tilting at windmills hurts you more than the windmills.
    -From the Notebooks of Lazarus Long
    Senior of the Howard Families

Thread Information