Thread: Unnecessary Removal of Program Files

reeski Guest

Default Unnecessary Removal of Program Files

I recently purchased "Windows Registry Repair Pro," and I also use "Spybot - Search & Destroy". I also recently rebuilt my computer. I am using Window XP Home EDITION. I have been using the registry repair for over a couple of years, as well as Spybot, so I am familiar with both occasionally selecting things that are no to be deleted. After this last major upgrade, both programs and searching out my ZoneAlarm and Grisoft A V files. The first time I allowed it to delete the files because, I thought maybe they were files left over from the older version or from the newer version. Big mistake! By allowing Registry Repair Pro remove the files - I was no longer protected.

Both the above mentioned product as well as ZoneAlarm is currently updated. Temporary files are deleted, etc.

Both products, I have to constantly watch and deselect your product so it does not remove vital files from my system.

Approximately two weeks ago, I upgraded to 7.0.337.000. I hate to say this but it just seems to be picking on ZoneAlarm and Grisoft A V, in particular.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Operating System:
    Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version:

Message Edited by ReeSki on 05-16-200712:28 AM

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version:7.0

Default Re: Unnecessary Removal of Program Files

It seems that your registry programs are out of date and have not been been updated for the new updates to your ZA and Grisoft programs, by the looks of it.I am wary of these registry programs as they can be very destructive.

Thread Information