Thread: keylogging

brownshoe Guest

Default keylogging

Jeez, never mind. (I'm such a bone head.) I did some searching and found my answer here:
    http://forums.zonealarm.com/zonelabs...ssage.id=16414
    Thanks,
    Steve

I just updated my Windows Home XP the other day, and now I'm getting the following message from ZA Security Suite version 7,
    ""Suspicious Behavior" Internet Explorer is attempting to monitor user activities on this computer. If allowed it may try to track or log keystrokes (user input) mouse movement/clicks, web sites visited, and other user behaviors."
    I deny access and everything seems okay. I run various scand for a virus and malware, clean,
    nothing but a few traffic cookies show up. Any ideas?
    Thanks,
    Steve

Operating System:
    Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:

Message Edited by brownshoe on 05-13-200709:59 AM

Message Edited by brownshoe on 05-13-200710:10 AM

Default Re: keylogging

This is normal. The ZA was just alerting you of what the IE was doing. The IE will access the memory and the keyboard for various things such as Windows Updates or certain site activities. These can be allowed if you wish.

To eliminate these alerts, you could right click the Internet Explorer in the Program listing and open the Options. Check the first two items listed and the alerts should disappear. The IE will be more of a security risk now, but it will have no more alerts concerning the keylogger. To see what browser are showing to the internet and how the internet is reading the browser and give some ideal about the browser interactions... see browserspy link below...

Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

brownshoe Guest

Thanks, I've edited my post to say I'd found the answer by searching the forums. (Which is what I should have done before I'd posted my message.)
    By the way "Speedy" reply, thanks much.
    Steve

You are welcome.

Best regards.
    Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

In future its probably better to reply to your original post rather than editing it because the thread doesn't make much sense without the original context.

Right you are Guru FrereOp!

I was confused when I went to the original post to see what had been said and checking for useful information.

Cheers!
    Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

brownshoe Guest

Sorry for the problems folks. But if you'd have read *past* my "edit" there indeed was my original post. This
    method of edit is utilized at other
    forums I visit. Sorry
    if I've caused a problem. My edit was just to let you know I didn't need help after I'd done my homework and did a search
    on this fine forum, and not to waste you're time. If I'd done a search, a solution/explanation for my problem/concern was right before my eyes. By the way, a few other users might want to search a bit before posting. (As I see by some other posts.) Lot's of information here! Thanks for your work.
    Steve

Thanks! Actually not a real problem, it was just some friendly advise for future threads and posts.

Best regards.

Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Thread Information