Thread: error: Validation failed, missing root certificate

arneessa Guest

Default error: Validation failed, missing root certificate

When I started one of my computers this morning Zone Alarm (version 6.1) did not open I got error messages that says:
    QUOTE: Validation failed for ...... *.DLL, you probably are missing a necessary root certificate. UNQUOTEThe claimed missing files are: VSINIT.DLL, VSDATA.DLL.I have tried to uninstall ZONE ALARM but receive the same error message as mentioned above.
    I had the same problem a month ago on one of my other computers, at that time I tried manually to remove (delete) all ZONE ALARM files. but the result was that all internet access was blocked and at the end I came so far out that I needed to reformat the hard disk and re-install all programs.Can anybody help me please.Merry Christmas,
    Arne,

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version:6.0

muffincharizard Guest

Default Re: error: Validation failed, missing root certificate

Try reinstalling the certificates by going to this site and then tell me how everything goes.

rainbows Guest

Check the time on your computer. If everything was OK, then suddenly not OK, it may be the date/time is set before you installed Zone Alarm. That just happened to me when my CMOS battery went bad and the date set back to 1/1/2000.
    Post back with your results, please.

Barbara

arneessa Guest

Tks babara, You are most likely right about the time, However I can not verfy it as I updated the certificates by following the link to verisign given in the reply from the guru below.

georgibk Guest

Yesterday I faced this problem. When I fixed Date & Time everything went OK.

Thread Information