Thread: Is this a legitimite Zone alarm e-mail?

purpletoe Guest

Default Is this a legitimite Zone alarm e-mail?

Zone Alarm:

I have been using the free Zone Alarm and i have been receiving a number of e-mails from you trying to get me to buy the ZA Pro or ZA Internet suite. (I actually bought the suite but due to some config problems i suspended use of it and went back to just the ZA free version)

I just received the below e-mail (yet in a HTTP form) and broke the first rule of internet safety by clicking on the link (in a panic reaction of course. Is this a legitimate e-mail from Zone alarm? If not what should I do? I have run AVG 7.5, Spybot, and Adware, and cleaned out my temp files (nothing bad has been found so far).

Thanks for you advice!

================================================== ========================================

ZoneAlarm
    System Checkup performs a rapid analysis of the most critical parts of your system and then automatically generates a detailed report that provides information on overall security, optimization levels, clutter, and hidden errors that cause crashes, instability, and decreased performance.

Recent surveys show:
    40% of 35,000 computers were infected with spyware
    The average system was clogged to over 200mb of unneeded clutter
    64% were slowed by improper Internet settings
    See how your system security and performance can be improved.
    Run ZoneAlarm Free System Checkup! ZoneAlarm System Checkup analyses only take 2-3 minutes. Take this opportunity to get a free diagnosis with important recommendations for your system that could save you from future trouble.

2003-2007 Check Point Software Technologies Ltd. All rights reserved. Check Point, Check Point logo, DefenseNet, IMsecure, OSFirewall, Safe@Office, SmartDefense, SmartDefense Advisor, TrueVector, ZoneAlarm, ZoneAlarm Anti-Spyware, ZoneAlarm Antivirus, ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite, ZoneAlarm Pro, ZoneAlarm Secure Wireless Router, Zone Labs, and the Zone Labs logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Check Point Software Technologies Ltd. or its affiliates. ZoneAlarm is a Check Point Software Technologies, Inc. Company. All other product names mentioned herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. The products described in this document are protected by U.S. Patent No. 5,606,668, 5,835,726, 6,496,935, 6,873,988, and 6,850,943 and may be protected by other U.S. Patents, foreign patents, or pending applications.

Check Point fully supports all efforts to ensure the security, privacy, and peace of mind of everyone on the Internet. Our e-mail offers, satisfaction surveys and security communications are sent only to registered users of our software who have expressed an interest in receiving information via e-mail. If you no longer wish to receive e-mails from us please use the unsubscribe link below or write to us at: ZoneAlarm; Attn Unsubscribe; 800 Bridge Parkway, Redwood City, CA 94605, USA. To view our privacy policy click here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This message was sent by ZoneAlarm using Responsys Interact.
    Safely unsubscribe from ZoneAlarm e-mail at any time.
    View our permission marketing policy.

http://zonealarm.zonelabs.com/servle...hgtpgLQgLlVaVS

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version:

Default Re: Is this a legitimite Zone alarm e-mail?

Yes, its legit...But simply ZA/Iolo marketing.. just trash it!Fax

Message Edited by fax on 06-10-2007 07:50 AM

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information