Thread: Problem with Virus scan on Vista Ram System Memory scan for 1 hour 23 minutes

sdesabrais Guest

Default Problem with Virus scan on Vista Ram System Memory scan for 1 hour 23 minutes

Several times when doing a virus scan Zone Alarm Security Suite Virus scanner is stuck doing a Ram Memory scan forever. I have to kill it and causes Vista to be unstable. The last time it happened I had Outlook running but it closed properly. Anyone have any clues on a solution? Stephen

Operating System:Windows Vista Ultimate
    Software Version:7.1 (Vista)
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: Problem with Virus scan on Vista Ram System Memory scan for 1 hour 23 minutes

Hi!uuuhm, herethe scan of the memory lasta second or less... strange...Have you tried to scan your system in SAFE MODE and see if you still have the issue? If not, you may have a software conflicting with ZASS scanner.In SAFE MODE ZA firewall will not be functional but AV/AS will. You need however to run ZASS manually.As a temporary workaround try to disable the "scan system memory" under the advanced options of the antivirus/antispyware tab ("scan targets")You may want to contact ZA technical support to troubleshoot the issue: www.zonelabs.com/tsform Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

sdesabrais Guest

Default Re: Problem with Virus scan on Vista Ram System Memory scan for 1 hour 23 minutes

Thank You I'll try that. Stephen

Thread Information