Thread: Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Issues ... Virus?

nwa_kevin Guest

Default Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Issues ... Virus?

I have been getting the following message via
    a Zone Alarm Security Alert:
    Control Center is attempting to monitor user activities on this computer.
    If allowed it may track or log keystrokes (user input), mouse movements / clicks, web sites visited, and other behavior.
    Application: EM_EXEC.EXE
    I ran the it through www.virustotal.com
    and it checked 32 different virus programs and found nothing.
    The problem I am having is that every once in a while when I turn on my computer it iwll not recognize my keyboard and my mouse... I have to turn it off and reset it until it recognizes it.
    It is too much of a coincidence that this is happeneing?
    Is it a threat?
    Ay help would be appreciated.
    Thanks

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Issues ... Virus?

Not a coincidence. The mouse and the keyboard software and drivers are "hooked" into the windows shell. The ZA alerted you the same as if malware (or a keylogger or trojan) would be doing.

I suugest the next alert use the allow, but first set the Program Control slider to the Low setting and let the ZA learn what is always happening with your PC. After a few weeks and you have used everything (burned cd/dvd, uploaded/downloaded, played videos/music, browsed, ent emails, printed and did some photo/ghraphics work, played games,etc), then set the slider back to Medium or High.

Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

naivemelody Guest

Default Re: Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Issues ... Virus?

EM_EXEC.EXE is normal part of Logitech - http://www.processlibrary.com/direct...es=EM_EXEC.EXE . You can also check with Logitech website to see if they have any advisories, FAQS, forums about this product and firewall interactions/settings.<hr>em_exec.exe - em_exec - Process Information<div class="itminfo"><div class="row1">Process File: em_exec.exe<div class="row1">Process Name: Logitech Mouse Settings safe 1 <div class="itmdtl1"><div class="sect_title">EM_EXEC.EXE RECOMMENDATION<div class="sect_data"><div class="row1">Description: em_exec.exe is installed alongside Logitech MouseWare. Gives fast access via the desktop tray to Logitech's configuration utility. This program is a non-essential system process, and is installed for ease of use.
    <div class="row1">Recommendation: em_exec.exe should not be disabled, required for essential applications to work properly <hr>NaiveMelody NYC 8-25-07 - Speed Of Sound - Coldplay

Message Edited by NaiveMelody on 08-27-2007 10:59 PM

Thread Information