Thread: IE BLOCKED FROM MONITORING.....

jjimbo Guest

Default IE BLOCKED FROM MONITORING.....

Every time i press my favourites list button
    i get
    a blocked firewall
    message saying "internet explorer was prevented from monitoring user activity". Is this normal? The smart defense advisor lists the sub event type as a " global windows hook" which reading up on seems kind of scary, all about tracking and monitoring. this has started happening since , on advice given, i put an ip range of addresses into firewall blocked zone because
    they were appearing every 5 mins. Are the 2
    actions connected and should i be concerned? thank you in advance for any information or advice you can give

***REGRET NOT WHAT YOU HAVE DONE, BUT WHAT YOU HAVENT***

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

zaswing Guest

Default Re: IE BLOCKED FROM MONITORING.....

Hi jjimbo,
    It's normal. The function of ZASS is to monitor this sort of thing, though I agree it might be a bit of an annoyance. It has to do with making sure some keylogers and similar scumware isn't taking control, and ZA does this job well. It happens on most/all of the IE menu items, not at all limited to favorites.

With IE set to custom (yes, you have to fight for it) and being allowed to access the internet and the trusted zone (Program control>Programs) and with the Smart Defence on Manual of Off (Program control>Main) I don't get that alert anymore. But if you'd like SmartDefense to help you for a while, that won't be a good solution. Neither will shutting off alerts, as they are very educational.

There might be other settings, I just never found one. other than I don't use IE except for few things, so it's less of a nuisance here

Thread Information