Thread: New Network / DHCP Server / Loopback adapter showing in Firewall concern

tldg Guest

Default New Network / DHCP Server / Loopback adapter showing in Firewall concern

I have only one computer.
    It has a D-Link card.
    Should there be any network information in my ZA S S firewall space?
    This is what is there:New Network 192.168.1.0 / 255.255.255.0DHCP Server 192.168.1.254Loopback adapter 127.0.0.1
    My system is XP Professional but I do not run a business.It has Internet Explorer 7.0
    Thank you in adavance.

Brian S.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

tldg Guest

Default Re: New Network / DHCP Server / Loopback adapter showing in Firewall concern

This is an informational reply to myself.
    Am concluding all is okay becauseI have been doing some searching and learning, and given that myLoopback adapter 127.0.0.1 cycles messages back to myAT&T 2701HG-B gateway.2wire.net (connection-specific DNS suffix),the description of which is: D-Link WDA-1230 Desktop Adapter andwhose IP address is 192.168.1.64 and that 255.255.255.0 is theSubnet Mask and that 192.168.1.254 is the IP address for theDefault Gateway and the DHCP Server and the DNS Servers, and thatthe
    Media State for the Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection is:Media disconnected, and that my Windows Firewall is turned off, andthat my Guest Users option is not on, the seeming spaciness of thisXP Pro IE7 methodology should not matter.

The Windows IP Configurationlists my last name as the Host Name, the Primary DNS suffix as empty,the Node
    Type as Broadcast, the IP Routing Enabled as No, the WINSProxy Enabled as No, and the DNS Suffix Search List asgateway.2wire.net.
    If I am not understanding something correctly,let me know.
    Thank you, Brian S.

Thread Information