Thread: Problems with Adobe Reader 8.1

sweetness Guest

Default Problems with Adobe Reader 8.1

I upgrade my ZoneAlarm every time a new upgrade is released. I currently have ZoneAlarm Security Suite version 7.0. I recently upgraded my Adobe Reader to version 8.1. I'm not sure why but when I try to view a pdf
    file online I'll get a message saying that I can t view it because there is a problem with Adobe Reader. I struggled for days to find out what was wrong thinking it was Adobe itself. After googling the problem I found out that there are a lot of ZoneAlarm users out there that are having the same problem and they
    recommended to turn off ZoneAlarm to see if the program would run. I turned it off and tried to view the pdf
    files and was able to view them with ZoneAlarm off. As soon as I turned it back on and tried to view the same pdf file I couldn t view it
    again. I'm not sure what s causing it. I've turned up all the settings under program control to "allow" for all the Adobe Reader 8.1controls
    and the trust level to super yet I still can t view pdf files while ZoneAlarm is running. One person suggested that I run Adobe Reader 8.1 before trying to view the pdf file, I tried it and was able to view them. However I feel that it s a huge inconvenience to have to manually start Adobe Reader 8.1 every time I plan on opening a pdf file. Is there something I could do so that I can view pdf files with ZoneAlarm running without having to manually start Adobe each time?

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

naivemelody Guest

Default Re: Problems with Adobe Reader 8.1

See the following past posts > http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...ssage.id=50815
    .<hr>See &gt; http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...d=22151#M43698<hr>See &gt; http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...id=22167#M9345<hr>See if this helps -Here is the New Database Reset Instruction again for ZASS 7.0.462.000
    Pleas take Note of the step # 1.)
    The New ZASS has
    incorparated a new way to reset DB files in ZASS 7.0.462.000 so users don't need to go into Safe mode.

To repair this problem, please follow the steps below. Please note that
    this will remove your program permission settings (so you may want to make
    note of them), but re-establishing them is a simple process.

1.) Hold down the Ctrl and Shift keys together (You need to Hold these two Key down while you Right Click the ZA Tray Icon..)
    2.)
    Right click on the ZA icon near your clock

3.) Choose 'Reset' from the box that comes up
    4.) Choose Yes on the Reset Settings dialog box
    5.) When prompted, choose OK to restart your system
    6.) Follow the on screen configuration prompts after reboot<hr>NaiveMelody NYC 1-3-08 - Lucky Star - Madonna

Message Edited by NaiveMelody on 01-06-2008 08:54 PM

Thread Information