Thread: vsmon.exe listening on udp port 491

a2632000 Guest

Default vsmon.exe listening on udp port 491

hi, i ve this same problem long before. again similar thing has happened.some websites tweak vsmon and after that it start listening on a udpport. in my case its like this :
    vsmon.exe:1224

local address:491
    usually the problem goes if you reinstall. but if vsmon could so easilybe tweaked than its a serious security threat.
    otherwise i ve za secuirty suite on many pcs and vsmon.exe neverlisten on any port ever. any explaination? thanks in advance.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: vsmon.exe listening on udp port 491

Thank you for your Feedback..There are Over 60 Million Users of ZoneAlarm world Wide.. and Very Few People ever log onto a Support Forum to say how Great the Program is, This User Forum exist to help the Few Users who encounter a problem and need to be guided in the right direction by Other more Experienced Users..
    ZA Tech Support and Custmer Service do notRead this Forum..b There two Seperate Web-links for those two services..Customer Service www.zonealarm.com/csform or Click on the Customer Service Icon at the Bottom of this Message..ZA Tech Support (Requires Valid ZA License Key) www.zonealarm.com/tsformHere is a List of the Most common User problems..a.) The first thing a Hacker, Trojan or Virus tries to do if they infect your computer or gain access to your Computer, thru an Email Attachment or pop-up on a Website or user over-ridding the Security alerts by the firewall, is to shutdown, any Firewall, AV/AS.. That is why some users have problems updating ZoneAlarm or any other security program..vsmon.exe/TrueVector is the first thing that loads when your computer starts to boot up, the ZA tray Icon is just a Icon that loads later in the Boot-up process..and TrueVector /vsmon.exe is the last thing to shutdown when your computer shuts down to insure that your computer is always protected..--------------------------------------------------------
    My XP SP3 :
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite 32-Bit version:7.0.483.000
    TrueVector version:7.0.483.000
    Driver version:7.0.483.000
    Anti-virus engine version:3
    Anti-virus SDK version:5.0.1.85
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:957638772
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.189.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200808.4445 <== New Update
    AntiSpam version:5.0.6.8903
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security