Thread: Microsoft Security Updates

fish_eggs Guest

Default Microsoft Security Updates

To all:

I am new at this, so please bear with me. I hope I can retrieve your answers later also!

I keep getting Microsoft Security Updates, but they fail to install. I do not know if it is because of ZA or because I had to turn-off some of the Anti systems that came with the computer? Because the Updates fail to install, I get the yellow shield (in the lower right-hand tray) that says that updates are ready to be installed, on every start-up of the computer.

Let me give you one example. "Security Update: Microsoft Office 2003
    (KB921598) Installation Failed."

I have eight of these Updates that have failed to install, all from Microsoft. However three updates did install the last time I updated. (I had eleven to cycle through at that time)

So, I do not know if this is a problem with: ZA, Microsoft, my computer, or a bad portion of Office bundle loaded onto this computer.

I have just been living with this problem for the last two or three months (waiting for one of my smart sons to come home to help me out), but life goes on. I need to get more computer savvy, and this is one way. Off to the future, I hope.

looking for help

-FE-

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: Microsoft Security Updates

Turn the ZA off and then try the updates.
    This will show you if the ZA is at fault or not.
    Just remember to have the ZA working after the updates are installed or if it is working after the installation reboot.
    Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Thread Information