Thread: Now need to pay to get ZoneAlarm Free? Also, a download problem for a real free site.

Hybrid View

suelc Guest

Default Now need to pay to get ZoneAlarm Free? Also, a download problem for a real free site.

Sue: Hi - donated to USO to get my Zone Alarm Free back. Am having download problems. Who do I go to for help please?
    RayAnn: What is happening?
    Sue: While installing message says "Please use the service manager to shut down the True Vector service and then re-start the installer program." I don't understand.
    RayAnn: I am sorry for any frustration. Unfortunately, we are only customer service and not technically trained. Please use the link below to access the free email tech support and they should be able to help.
    RayAnn: www.zonealarm.com/tsform
    Sue: Also, is it true that we now need to purchase items from another company or make a charity donation to get the free version ?
    RayAnn: The free version you dont need to purchase anything for that. It is just a free firewall on our website.
    RayAnn: But we do not support it either.
    Sue: Did I run onto some kind of scam?
    RayAnn: I do not know. But I havnt heard of this offer.

Can someone help please?

Thank you!

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

Default Re: Now need to pay to get ZoneAlarm Free? Also, a download problem for a real free site.

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>suelc wrote:

Can someone help please?

Thank you!

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> to the Zone Alarm User Forum..Thank you for your Feedback to this User Forum,
    Here is a Fact of Life.. It cost Money in Payroll Expense and development cost to produce security products..so most Software producers who offer a Free limited featurs version, The Basic Free Version is still Free of charge,However, it may includea Popup notice to offer their Comercial Paid Version, to offset the cost of producing the Free version..otherwise tSoftware Companiesmay stop offering the Free version..---------------------------------------
    My Vista Configuration:

----------------------------------------------------------------
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.059.000
    TrueVector version:8.0.059.000
    Driver version:8.0.059.000
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:975598217
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.202.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200901.5105
    AntiSpam version:5.0.61.9957
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    --------------------------------------------------------
    My XP SP3 :
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.059.000
    TrueVector version:8.0.059.000
    Driver version:8.0.059.000
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:975598217
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.202.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200901.5105
    AntiSpam version:5.0.61.9957
    -------------------------------------------------
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

suelc Guest

Default Re: Now need to pay to get ZoneAlarm Free? Also, a download problem for a real free site.

Thank you for clearing that up. Now, can someone help with the download problem please?

Thanks for your help.

Sue

Thank you for clearing that up. Now, can someone help with the download problem please?

Thanks for your help.

Sue
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Thank you..Here is the Download Link to the Latest version of ZAFree..http://www.zonealarm.com/store/conte...comparison.jspThe simplest procedure is to:1.Download the Latestinstallerpreferably with IE Browwserand no Download Manager/accelerator like Get-Right, Livewire) 2. On your current ZA, UNcheck "Load ZA... at startup" (under Overview --&gt; Preferences tab)3. Reboot the Computer. So that vsmon.exe/TrueVector will be removed from Memory4. Install the new update (clean or upgrade) and Accept the default Setting, Auto-Learn Mode and Choose Trusted Zone, not Internet Zone..
    Please post back with your progress report
    GeorgeV

suelc Guest

Two problems. First, I go to the website in your message and cannot find what to click to get the download started. Second, (and this is what began the whole problem) I can only see ZA when I go to start - all programs - zone alarm. But cannot get the program to come up by clicking there. It is also, not on my bar at the bottom of the screen.

Two problems. First, I go to the website in your message and cannot find what to click to get the download started. Second, (and this is what began the whole problem) I can only see ZA when I go to start - all programs - zone alarm. But cannot get the program to come up by clicking there. It is also, not on my bar at the bottom of the screen.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    1. ) when you went to the Dowload link all you have to do is cluck on the download Link under the ZoneAlarm Basic Firewall on the right side of the page? <DIV style="HEIGHT: 50px">ZoneAlarm
    (basic firewall)

FREEDOWNLOAD

==============

2.) If you have any other Security Programs instaled, Other than Windows firewall or Windows defender, then they may be Conflicting with or Blocking the Install of ZAFree..

3.) Here is a Link to a Quick and Easy Dowload Tool to Uninstall ZA.. http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...cpes_clean.exe

4.) Now Download a Free Jubk/Temp Directory Cleanup tool (ccleaner) http://www.ccleaner.com/download/bui...wnloading-slim

after your dowload the New ZAFREE and save it to the HD.., download "cpes_clean.exe and click on it, click OK and follow instructions..

5.) after your Reboot computer Run CCLEANER

6.) now Install the New copy of ZAFree, and make sure none of your Other security programs are running.. (preferably Uninstalled first..

Let me know how it came out..

GeorgeV

Thread Information