Thread: Incoming access blocked - is my computer safe and who is trying to access it?

sarahabutair Guest

Default Incoming access blocked - is my computer safe and who is trying to access it?

Hi,
    I've been getting the following message all evening:
    The firewall has blocked Internet Access to your computer (TCP Port 2869) from 192.xxx.1.5 (TCP Port 64021) (TCP Flags: S).
    The only variation to this is the number following 'TCP Port' is different each time. First it started at 64393 and counted down one less each time until
    64377. Then it started at 60458 counted down one less each time the message came, the most recent one being 60424. In the log the Destination IP is always 192.xxx.1.2:2869.
    Does anyone know why this is happening and if I need to do anything to keep my computer secure?
    Thanks in advance...

Message Edited by sarahabutair on 03-01-2009 12:09 PM

Message Edited by sarahabutair on 03-01-2009 12:15 PM

Default Re: Incoming access blocked - is my computer safe and who is trying to access it?

Hi!not an expert on network but this means that all evening a user of your LAN (attached to your router) is using a software (like P2P) that send you background noise, or may be its another software or the machine is infected by malware.Nothing to worry about, unless you are not sharing your router with other users.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information