Thread: Ad-Aware Aniversary Edition Conflict?

brbrown Guest

Default Ad-Aware Aniversary Edition Conflict?

I have just updated my Ad-Aware Free to the Aniversary Edition on my XP computer but I notice it now has an anti-virus and what appears to be a firewall. I already use AVG Free and Zonealarm Free. Can anyone please tell me if Ad-Aware will conflict with the these?

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

Default Re: Ad-Aware Aniversary Edition Conflict?

Hi!if ad-aware comes with a firewall and AV then YES.... it will conflict with the rest.Choose one or the other...Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

I agree with Guru Fax...Just One, Not Two -- Never use two software Firewalls at the same time. <HR>Just One, Not Two -- Never use two Anti-virus products at the same time.
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

deslaro Guest

I have exactly the same, Zone Alarm, AVG 7.5 (free) and unfortunatly I had to remove Ad aware 2009 since I kept having a error pop up &quot;C00000013...&quot; wich is nom fixed when removing Ad aware.
    I don't know if Zone Alarm is a better firewall than Ad aware but I wich both could be kept.

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>Deslaro wrote:
    I have exactly the same, Zone Alarm, AVG 7.5 (free) and unfortunatly I had to remove Ad aware 2009 since I kept having a error pop up "C00000013..." wich is nom fixed when removing Ad aware.I don't know if Zone Alarm is a better firewall than Ad aware but I wich both could be kept.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>We don't know what version of ZoneAlarm or Windows your using..It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country,
    without All the Details,without the ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..
    If you would Describe your Computer Setup/OS and Version of Zone Alarm that you are having a problem with
    and what difficulty you are having, and what Previous Version of ZA and Norton, McAfee or other Security programs that you have installed,
    there are several knowledgeable Volunteer Participants willing to help you try solving your problem with Zone Alarm..Please provide as much detail and error messages etc. that you see on your ComputerMonitor. Please note that ZASS and ZAXdo not play nice with many overlapping security tools (even if disabled). To troubleshoot ZASS/ZAX issues remove them and install back once you see that ZA works as it should. For example,Norton/Symantec, McAfee,Spyspweeper, Spyware Doctor, trojan hunter, adware, SpyBotS&amp;D, PC tools Threatfire, otherantivirus, antispyware, Registry Guard or locking tools, etc...--------------------------------------------------------
    WinXP SP3
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.298.000
    TrueVector version:8.0.298.000
    Driver version:8.0.298.000
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:980904327
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.209.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200903.5585
    AntiSpam version:6.0.0.1429
    -------------------------------------------------
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security