Thread: Privacy Site List

fwhite Guest

Default Privacy Site List

I have a disconnect that I don't understand between
    the URL history that is
    reported in Windows and the "web sites visited" that are reported in the Privacy Site list. For example, when I first access my home page, I have
    one listing in windows but five listings in the Privacy Site list, including ebay, something called images.synacor, and the like. What's happening here?
    Thank you in advance.

Default Re: Privacy Site List

<blockquote><hr>fwhite wrote:
    I have a disconnect that I don't understand between
    the URL history that is
    reported in Windows and the "web sites visited" that are reported in the Privacy Site list. For example, when I first access my home page, I have
    one listing in windows but five listings in the Privacy Site list, including ebay, something called images.synacor, and the like. What's happening here?
    Thank you in advance.
    <hr></blockquote>

It is not just the site from the home page that is seen and included by the ZA, but also third party servers are seen and included by the ZA.
    The ebay and synacor and probably others like some google site and perhaps something like doubleclick or mediaclick and other sites will; be seen.
    Nothing unusual.
    Usually third party sites providing trackers/counters/images or banners and ads/flash and other files for the web pages will be included in the listing.

Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Thread Information