Thread: Worried I am being hacked!

Hybrid View

sparkyair Guest

Default Worried I am being hacked!

Hello,
    I have been getting a lot of "blocked" messages from zone alarm fire wall telling me it has blocked packets sent to my computer and from my computer. I do not understand what is happening, and am worried someone is trying to hack my computer! Also, we have 2 computers in the house connected to the same network, and although we are not doing anything ourselves, they seem to try to send packages to each other as well.
    This is the info i get from zonealarm about the suspected packets sent to me:
    (not the ones from my 2 computers)
    Protocol: UDPProgram: svchost.exesource IP: similar to mine except for the last digitsDirection: Incoming

or
    RoutedSource DNS: api.home
    And from what is trying to send from my computer to them:
    Protocol: TCP (flags:S)My computer is listed as the source and the direction is outgoing.
    I have scanned my computer but cannot find any viruses.
    What could this be?
    Thanks for any help!!!
    Sparky

Operating System:Windows Vista Home Basic
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

Default Re: Worried I am being hacked!

<blockquote><hr>sparkyair wrote:
    Hello,
    I have been getting a lot of "blocked" messages from zone alarm fire wall telling me it has blocked packets sent to my computer and from my computer. I do not understand what is happening, and am worried someone is trying to hack my computer! Also, we have 2 computers in the house connected to the same network, and although we are not doing anything ourselves, they seem to try to send packages to each other as well.
    This is the info i get from zonealarm about the suspected packets sent to me:
    (not the ones from my 2 computers)
    Protocol: UDPProgram: svchost.exesource IP: similar to mine except for the last digitsDirection: Incoming

or
    RoutedSource DNS: api.home
    And from what is trying to send from my computer to them:
    Protocol: TCP (flags:S)My computer is listed as the source and the direction is outgoing.
    I have scanned my computer but cannot find any viruses.
    What could this be?
    Thanks for any help!!!
    Sparky

Operating System:
    Windows Vista Home Basic
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm (Free)

<hr></blockquote>
    Using a router or nat-able dsl modem?
    Is this a wifi network or a wired network?
    Sounds like this is incoming packets from another computer/device on your own home network... could be very harmless and normal.
    Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

sparkyair Guest

Hi,
    Thanks for your reply :8}
    Yes, I am using a wi-fi connection with an adsl router, we have 2 computers in our house using this network. Why would they be sending packets to each other without us doing anything?
    Do you think this is harmless then?
    Thanks!
    Sparky

<blockquote><hr>sparkyair wrote:
    Hi,
    Thanks for your reply :8}
    Yes, I am using a wi-fi connection with an adsl router, we have 2 computers in our house using this network. Why would they be sending packets to each other without us doing anything?
    Do you think this is harmless then?
    Thanks!
    Sparky
    <hr></blockquote>

Computers love to connect to each other as they were designed with this in mind...netbios and file and printer sharing, telnet, remote administration, ftp, etc.
    Especially for computers on a private networks or their own local network.

You should be able to recognize the correct IPs for your own computer in use and match the IPs to the IP's seen in blocked incoming connections. This will inform you if it is indeed your own computer(s) attempting to connect to each other or is there is a possible war driver or wifi hijacking.

Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Thread Information