Thread: Thousands of UDP connection attempts (W to W/ZW) every second to ten seconds!

riceorony Guest

Default Thousands of UDP connection attempts (W to W/ZW) every second to ten seconds!

Hello all,

it's been awhile since i posted, but I've just recently noticed a HUGE increase in internet traffic noise (or hacking attempts) by my external firewall trying to get into my port :27952

This only recently happened after my ISP assigned me a new IP address yesterday. Is this an authentic port-scanning, denial-of-service, or what-ever attack on my PC? Or was whom-ever had this IP-address before me a part of some bot-net and therefore these thousands of IP addresses trying to reconnect?

The IP-addresses are from every country, US, Japan, China, Taiwan, Poland,...

This is marked as a UDP traffic (W to W/ZW), which I'm assuming is Wan to Wan traffic... which doesn't make sense to me?

Default Re: Thousands of UDP connection attempts (W to W/ZW) every second to ten seconds!

Quote Originally Posted by riceorony View Post
    This only recently happened after my ISP assigned me a new IP address yesterday.
    Yes, it can happen when you get an new IP address to see an increase of incoming connections. This is usually due to the past owner of the IP and its activity on the net (P2P or infection on the system).

Don't worry about it, its normal. In a few days it should go back to normal.

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

momofarockstar Guest

Default Re: Thousands of UDP connection attempts (W to W/ZW) every second to ten seconds!

riceorony I experience this same sort of behaviour every time my isp changes my ip address. Luckily they don't change it often but yes this type of behaviour happens every time. As FAX mentioned it usually tapers off after a few days although if it is someone who previously was using p2p it can take quite some time to shake off some of them.

Thread Information