Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I enter this mess in Identity but I think belongs here, Two IP address

Default Re: I enter this mess in Identity but I think belongs here, Two IP address

Hi!Yours? Which yours? ZA shows your DNS and DHCP that is managed byyour router. i.e. your router --> 192.168.1.1. ZA adds it automatically at install. Pleaseremember: it should be set to TRUSTED.You are probably infected by malware, this explain why you cannot download the security tools suggested. Also MBAM could be corrupted or been disabled by the malware.Time to get expert support, see here:http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic34773.html...and for the future, it is not important the number of security tools you run at the same time but their quality. Get your system cleaned, remove all and install a good security suite.Cheers,Fax

Message Edited by fax on 07-12-2009 07:02 PM

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

neofito Guest

Default Re: I enter this mess in Identity but I think belongs here, Two IP address

Thank you. I think I clean my system now, A2 found 7 infected files and programs and DrWEB found others.
    You said that is not important how many tools we have, but the quality. Which one do you reccomend?
    Again thank you.

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>Neofito wrote:
    Which one do you reccomend?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>1. Update your OS up to the latest patch.2. Remove all security tools installed3. Clean your system with ccleaner 4. Have one and only one major solid 'on access' tool such as ZA Extreme. More tools means more overlapping tools means more conflicts and less security5. Keep it update to the latest version and with latest antivirus definitions (update then as often as possible). Always keep it active and learn how to use (manual!). Read carefully every program related pop-up window you seefrom it and don't just allow blindly.6. Check you have no vulnerable tools installed on your system! (http://secunia.com/vulnerability_scanning/online/)7. Keep a free tool like MBAM, or Superantispywarefor asecond opinion just to be run from time to time.Cheers,Fax

Message Edited by fax on 07-13-2009 08:05 PM

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

momofarockstar Guest

http://compnetworking.about.com/od/r...68_1_1_def.htm

Definition: The IP address 192.168.1.1 is the default for Linksys brand home broadband routers. This address is set by the manufacturer at the factory, but you can change it at any time using the network router's administrative console.

192.168.1.1 is a private IPv4 network address. Any brand of network router, or any computer on a local network for that matter, can be set to use this address. As with any IP address, however, only one device on the network should use 192.168.1.1 to avoid address conflicts.

See also - 192.168.0.1, 192.168.1.100, 192.168.2.1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information