Thread: Solicited TCP Packets: RECEIVED (FAILED) Ports 20 21 and 500 Not Stealthed

zassafrass Guest

Default Solicited TCP Packets: RECEIVED (FAILED) Ports 20 21 and 500 Not Stealthed

I recently read PC World's review of the latest security programs and was shocked to learn that ZAX was rated 7th out of 10.What bothered me the most is that it was the only one tested that failed stealth. I checked some of the threads on here and thentweaked my security settings on my router as well as in ZAX but still have failed Sheilds Up. The reason for failing is thisSolicited TCP Packets: RECEIVED (FAILED) and Ports 20 21 and 500 are Closed but Not Stealthed)
    Is there anything I can doto get my machine to pass?

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Extreme Security

Default Re: Solicited TCP Packets: RECEIVED (FAILED) Ports 20 21 and 500 Not Stealthed

ZA may fail Shield Up Post scan for several reasons..1.) New Install of ZoneAlarm have a 21 day Learning Mode2.) Set Firewall Main Internet Zone Security on HIGh, Trusted Zone Secirity on Medium..3.) Set Program Control On Maximum and SmartDefense Advisor on Auto..4.) now Make sure that the Sheilds Up is Removed from the Program Control Program Listing.. So that you do not get a Faulse Reading..5.) now try Shields up again..---------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------
    ZoneAlarm Extreme Security version:8.0.400.020
    TrueVector version:8.0.400.020
    Driver version:8.0.400.020
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:989289905
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.209.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200907.6295
    AntiSpam version:6.0.0.1429
    ZoneAlarm ForceField 1.3.153.0
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Anti-Phishing Database 1.2.95.0
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    2nd Computer WinXP SP3 32-Bit
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.400.020
    TrueVector version:8.0.400.020
    Driver version:8.0.400.020
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:989289905
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.209.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200907.6295
    AntiSpam version:6.0.0.1429
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

zassafrass Guest

Default Re: Solicited TCP Packets: RECEIVED (FAILED) Ports 20 21 and 500 Not Stealthed

Thanks for your response. I have all those settings in place but I did clear all the programs in the control tab and I used CCleaner to erase the tracks. I reran Sheilds Up with the same result. I've had ZA now for 5 years and presently I'm on 2 (3 PC) Licenses. My Vista and Vista 64 PC's have the exact same result. Why is this now occurring when 2 years ago all my PC's were stealthed? Is there anything else with ZA or my ISP that might be the problem?

I recomend that you contact Checkpoint ZoneAlarm Tech Support Directly for Free at their Live Text Chat mode for Quicker Service and explain what all different programs and what version of windows.. they may be able to diagnose what wrong..Live text Chat mode : http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en...ce-support.htmPlease report back here and let us know what you find out..
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time

forum_moderator Guest

If your using a router then you may fail shields up test.If you say your not using a router, what is your IP address assigned to your PC?Just the first XXX.XXX digits only please.Also note: sounds like you got an app using the FTP protocol and it probably allowing in the ZA programs list.The connection with the FTP server's port 20 is the second connection created during an FTP session, the first one being to the server's port 21.
    Then port 500 is used for VPN tunnels. So I suspect you have something allowed or you have something that creates a VPN on your system.Port 500 is used by most IPSEC-based VPN systems for the establishment of securely encrypted "tunnels" between endpoint machines. Users of firewalls or routers that must pass or negotiate VPN connections may need to allow UDP traffic to cross on port 500. Forum Moderator

zassafrass Guest

Thanks for replying. I'm not sure weather it's a router or a modem. I have a Lan set up with 5 PC's (DSL). Each one has IP's starting with 192.168. I've run the test on all the PC's and they all have the exact same result. I've tried to find what every one of them have in common and the only thing is ZAX and the router/modem.
    I put in an email to Tech and asked weather or not the new router Z100G that they have been trying to get me to buy would solve this problem. I can't really think of anything else that would cause all 5 PC's to fail and why does PC World magazine show that ZAX does not stealth?

zassafrass Guest

I found the problem. I played around more with my router settings and in my advanced settings I found ALG (application layer gateway). In there
    are check boxes for
    FTP, H323, TFTP, PPTP, IPSec, and SIP. FTP, PPTP and IPSec were checked. I unchecked FTP (20and21) and IPSec (500). All PC'S now pass stealth. Thanks again for the replies.

Default Re: RECEIVED (FAILED) Ports 20 21 and 500 Not Stealthed --> SOLVED router problem

Thank you for taking the time to report backCheers,Fax

Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time

Thread Information