Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: cygwin commands SLOW

meodegard Guest

Default Re: cygwin commands SLOW

I have had the same problem. A solution is to go into the Virus Scan part of ZA, go to advanced, the turn off the "On Access Scanning". This will make it faster, but you will have part of your virus scanning turned off. MacAfee doesn't seem to have this problem.

I have had to go to another virus scanner because of this problem and also a conflict with the Verizon VZAccess program.

Also I have had a serious problem when I tried PCcillin.

See my other posts on these problems.

ewulff Guest

<blockquote><hr>meodegard wrote:
    I have had the same problem. A solution is to go into the Virus Scan part of ZA, go to advanced, the turn off the &quot;On Access Scanning&quot;. This will make it faster, but you will have part of your virus scanning turned off. MacAfee doesn't seem to have this problem.

I have had to go to another virus scanner because of this problem and also a conflict with the Verizon VZAccess program.

Also I have had a serious problem when I tried PCcillin.

See my other posts on these problems.
    <hr></blockquote>

thx for the msg. I'm actually disabling the on access scan while I'm using cygwin. Hoping ZA takes care of this in the near future. Not sure how vulnerable this makes me. Do you? If it's mentioned in your other posts then I'll find out that way.

thx again
    Eric

franl Guest

I have ZoneAlarm Pro (not the full security suite, just the firewall), and I'm seeing the same problem.

I can make it go away by doing this:

1. Go to the &quot;Program Control&quot; section.

2. Click on the &quot;Main&quot; tab.

3. Move the &quot;Program Control&quot; slider to the &quot;Off&quot; position.

4. Shutdown and restart ZoneAlarm.

This is not optimal, but since I mainly use ZoneAlarm to block inbound traffic, this is an acceptable workaround for me.
    --
    Fran

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information