Thread: Configure for LAN

jjs Guest

Default Configure for LAN

How do I configure ZoneAlarm so that my LAN is not affected by it? Currently I have to shut it down on both computers in order to share files between my 2 home computers.

Operating System:
    Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm (Free)

I even disabled Trusted Zone completely and it still blocks my LAN. As soon as I shut down Zone Alarm I can share files with no problems.

Message Edited by jjs on 02-03-200703:24 AM

angelwitch Guest

Default Re: Configure for LAN

have the same problem too,can anyone help plz?Thx in advance

prof_fate Guest

<blockquote><hr>angelwitch wrote:
    have the same problem too,can anyone help plz?Thx in advance
    <hr></blockquote>Read this Forum Link..
    http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...id=3229#M47224

angelwitch Guest

Thank you for your response.Actually,I think that the specific post you told me to read cannot be very helpful for my situtation as i don't use router but a Crypto F200 modem.The server's ip address is set to 192 168 0 1 and the client's ip address is set to automatic.If I set it to 192 168 0 2 the client cannot access internet.When the LAN was found by ZA Pro, a window opened in the server's pc with the network wizard and i immediatelly selected the &quot;trusted zone&quot; for the LAN.Do I need to make any other adjustments in the ZA firewall?For example do I need to go to the Zones Tab and select any of the &quot;add ip address&quot;,&quot;add subnet&quot;,&quot;add ip range&quot;?And if yes, what values should i put there?Is there any other adjustment that should me made to the ZA firewall??
    Sorry for my english.
    I thank you in advance
    Christina

Thread Information