Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: ZA 7 checks for update every hour...

paulor Guest

Default Re: ZA 7 checks for update every hour... (#*$&#* annoying)

Since I uninstalled Windows Defender everything runs smoothly. At that time, when running msconfig to check what programs were launched at startup, I also cleaned some other stuff:
    Adobe Reader Speed LauncherISUSScheduler (InstallShield, probably update checker)NeroFilterCheckPCSuiteTrayApplication (Nokia mobile phone connection, I now run whenever I need it)QuickTime Task (another update checker, I think)TkBellExe (another update checker, now from RealNetworks)

Just one odd behaviour is still around:
    When an update is found and downloaded on one PC, sometimes it doesn't run on the other 2, not even if I do the manual update.Could it be there's different servers where they search the updates, or something else?

dsgoen Guest

Default Re: ZA 7 checks for update every hour...

I've held out as long as I could, hoping that this issue would be adequately addressed, but this constant updating makes me want to complain!

The losing focus and the constant drag of the Vsmon.exe and ScanningProcess.exe is just irritating the bejeezus out of me. Make it stop!

Just adding to the list of disaffected owners...

prof_fate Guest

<blockquote><hr>dsgoen wrote:
    I've held out as long as I could, hoping that this issue would be adequately addressed, but this constant updating makes me want to complain!

The losing focus and the constant drag of the Vsmon.exe and ScanningProcess.exe is just irritating the bejeezus out of me. Make it stop!

Just adding to the list of disaffected owners...
    <hr></blockquote>Welcome to the Zone Alarm User forum..

go to the Antivirus/antispyware tab --&gt; push on &quot;advanced options&quot; --&gt; Select &quot;updates&quot; -- &gt; UNcheck &quot;Enable automatic antivirus/antispyware updates&quot;And remember to manual update your definitions under the Antivirus/antispyware tab --&gt; &quot;Update Now&quot;

usertm Guest

Add me to the list of people wanting to manualy configure the update interval
    I spend a lot of time working on my PC and every time I turn around my system is bogged down by another auto update.
    Once a day would be good for me
    Let me update once, and then
    get on with my work
    Thank YouUserTM

prof_fate Guest

<blockquote><hr>usertm wrote:
    Add me to the list of people wanting to manualy configure the update interval
    I spend a lot of time working on my PC and every time I turn around my system is bogged down by another auto update.
    Once a day would be good for me
    Let me update once, and then
    get on with my work
    Thank YouUserTM
    <hr></blockquote>So are you asking somebody to hold you hand or what?X-(
    The Solution is right in front of your nose..:0
    Click on Anti-Virus/Anti-Spyware then click on Advances Options
    then under Scan Schedule is UPDATES..
    Geeeze..

now un-Check Both
    &quot;Enable Automatic Ant-Virus and Anti-Spyware Updates&quot;
    (NOT
    Recommended)

the Click OK..
    But if your not that Smart, then you will probably forget to manually check for Updated once a day or once a weekthen post back here with another complaint that ZA is doing a lousy Job protecting you from yourself..
    Good Luck..

forum_moderator Guest

We have a new beta that was released today that addresses the issues of the update frequency. We now have an option for setting the frequency.

We also identified the issue where the client would steal the focus away from another application.

If you like to try this beta it can be found at - www.zonealarm.com/beta

Please give us feed back and we like to hear if it fixed your system if you have the above issues.

Forum Moderator

Thank you for pointing out the beta which corrects the problem of the hourly update. However, I see that this beta is only for XP. Do you know if a similar beta will be soon available for Vista (I have Vista on my laptop and this is where the hourly update is mots annoying because it often gets on when I'm using a slow connection (such as a dial-up) while traveling ... and this blocks everything ....).
    Regards,

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information