Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Windows Live Messenger will not sign in while Zone alarm is running

paulcn Guest

Default Windows Live Messenger will not sign in while Zone alarm is running

Windows Live Messenger will not sign in while Zone alarm is running. When I shut done ZA. Win live mssgr runs fine. Running win xp pro.
    Any help would be great..
    Thank you,
    Paul

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:6.5
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: Windows Live Messenger will not sign in while Zone alarm is running

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>PaulCn wrote:
    Windows Live Messenger will not sign in while Zone alarm is running. When I shut done ZA. Win live mssgr runs fine. Running win xp pro.Any help would be great..Thank you,Paul

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:6.5
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>In ZASS and ZAPro, there are two areas of Protection that need to be configured for each program that you run that wants access to the internet..1.) program control, Program Tab, Most legetimate programs that you use that need Internet Access should have tow or three Green bars for Trust level, Plus two Green Check marks for Trusted Access and Internet Access.. (Very few Programs need Server Rights or Send Mail Rights) Exceptions are your Email Program and any other program that you use that send messages...2.) way down at the Bottom left side is the Privacy section that Protects you from yourself, by controling and Restriction Access to Web-Sites that Send Cookies, Mobile Codes and Javascript....Each Site that you visit is listed under Privacy/Site-list..Here isone of my Forum links from the Helpful Hints and links Section that Explains the two above functions better..http://forums.zonealarm.com/zonelabs...message.id=145---------------------------------------
    My Configuration:
    Operating System: Vista Ultimate (32-bit) with IE7 MS Outlook 2007
    HP Pavilion d4990y Intel Core 2 Duo processor E6700 (2.66 GHz)
    4GB DDR2 800MHz, two 400GB raid SATA HDDs
    HP w2207 22-inch HD Widescreen LCD (1680 x 1050)
    256MB NVIDIA GeForce 8400GS DVI,HDMI TV-out Video card
    ATSC-NTSC TV tuner with PVR, FM tuner withRemote control
    15-IN-1 Memory Card Reader, 7 USB-2,Firewire,1394 Video

ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:7.1.078.000
    TrueVector version:7.1.078.000
    Driver version:7.1.078.000
    Anti-virus engine version:3
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:20070618115000
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.162.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200707.1945
    AntiSpam version:5.0.0.8843
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

ageorge Guest

I have the same problem with all
    messengers (msn, yahoo)only if i shutdown Zone Alarm i can run this programsAlso i try the settings from the GeorgeV
    linkbut
    nothing.I try to run messenger with program control and firewall off and again nothingMy big Problem is not only i can't run this programs but my pc crash !!
    please help.
    thnxGeorge

Message Edited by ageorge on 08-27-2007 09:58 AM

Hi!running your version and I have no problems with MSN.I guess there is something really wrong with your installation of ZASS or with your system.Try a complete removal of ZASS and reinstall (point 3 optional). See below:1. Remove any other security tool you have installed. E.g. windows defender, spybotS&amp;D, adware, spyspweeper, spyware doctor, system mechanics, mcafee, norton, NOD, any other antivirus, any other antispyware, any other antitrojan). You may want to install them back (if you really need to) only when you see your ZASS works as it should.2. To clean uninstall you need to follow this procedure: http://www2.nohold.net/noHoldCust542...n_install.html(please note the /clean and /rmlicense switch that you need to use as well as the folders you need to delete reported at the end of the above document)3. Then, to wipe OFF any left overs followthis step (if you input wrongly the files/folder names it will not find anything):Go to Start &gt; Search &gt; Files and Folders. Make sure the location box is set to search your Local Hard Drive (usually C:\ ) or All Local Drives. Also make sure the Advanced Search Options are set to search subfolders and hidden files. Now copy the entire line below, paste it into the search box and click Search Now.Zonelabs; "zone labs"; "Internet logs"; vsconfig.xml; vsdata.dll; vsdata95.vxd; vsdatant.sys; vsmon.*; vsmonapi.dll; vsnetutils.dll;vspubapi.dll; zaplus.*; zapro.*; zllictbl.dat; zlparser.dll; zonealarm.exe; zoneband.dll; vsutil.dll; zlclient.*A list of files and folders belonging to ZoneAlarm will appear in the Search Results panel.Now proceed by deleting all ZoneLabs files and folders that were found.Empty the Recycle Bin.4. Run a registry/system cleaner. ccleaner is quite good utility (http://www.ccleaner.com/download/downloadpage.aspx?f=3) 5. Re-download the installer (better the 337 version, 362 has bugs) from here (and do NOT use any download managers):http://www.ZoneAlarm.com/zasuitedownload/ 6. Install with default settings, do not alter them....7. Once rebooted manual update the antivirus/antispyware signature ('update now' under the antivirus/antispyware tab)8. After the update perform a full antivirus/antispyware scan.If all the above fails please contact ZA technical support at: www.zonelabs.com/tsform Cheers,Fax

Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time

ageorge Guest

i follow the steps but no luck

when i try to singin to messengerzonealarm is like
    block internet acces and crash my system

Message Edited by ageorge on 08-27-2007 02:50 PM

Hi!if you have followed all the steps ZASS should have been completely removed and you should have started with a fresh ZASS install. If you still experiencing this problem than it means something else than ZASS has been installed or confliting with ZASS or your OS has become corrupted.Did ZASS ever worked on your PC?Sorry no other suggestion than contacting ZA technical support at: www.zonelabs.com/tsform Cheers,Fax

Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time

ageorge Guest

Yes the ZASS it was working perfect until yesterday .
    i should contact technical support
    many thanx for your help

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>ageorge wrote:
    Yes the ZASS it was working perfect until yesterday .i should contact technical supportmany thanx for your help
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Hmmmm.. That is strange.. I have Windows Live Messenger installed on both my ZASS XP Computer and my ZASS Vista Computer with no problems..and have Exchanged IM messages with Guru Fax..I'm sorry to hear that your having so much trouble with messenger? I agree with Guru Fax.. I think ZA Tech support would like to know the details of your Conflict between ZA and Messenger.. www.zonealarm.com/tsform..Please post back and let us know what you find out..
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time

ageorge Guest

so.... after few mails from tech support my problem is still hereno solution for my problemafter 2 years of happy using ZAsuite is time to change
    but where ?

forum_moderator Guest

As this has been pointed a few times, its not an issue with ZA.

We work perfectly with this IM client, even several users say they don't have any problems.

All troubleshooting suggestions on the forum and through support still don't work for you so that leaves it to be a problem with either another program is causing a conflict on your system or your OS has some type of corruption.
    We can come to the same conclusion because you stated it was working just fine then all of a sudden its not.

So it not time to look for another firewall. You need to spend time looking for other issues on your system that has been suggested a few times.

Forum Moderator

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information