Thread: Can someone pls explain under Firewall Zones ..there is an ip address there under new network

swimwearmodel Guest

Default Can someone pls explain under Firewall Zones ..there is an ip address there under new network

Hello

Can someone pls explain under Firewall Zones ..there is an ip address there under new network.

There is also a "loopback adapter".

The ip address is

192.168.0.0/255.255.255.0

The Loopback Adapter says "127.0.0.1'

Do I need to take this off? Was it someone that wanted to get into my computer? If so, how do I deny ihi

I tried to delete 192.168.0.0/255.255.255.0 but it says it cannot delete an active network.

My ip address is different.

Please help. Thx!!!!

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

watcher Guest

Default Re: Can someone pls explain under Firewall Zones ..there is an ip address there under new network

Dear swimwearmodel:

No, any time you connect to a network, such as the Internet or a LAN, it should be autodetected by ZAISS and, upon first detection, it will pop up an alert prompting you for what zone to place it in, either Internet or Trusted. Both entrees you listed should be there. You are using a router because the network address of 192.168.0.0 with subnet mask 255.255.255.0 is a default network address used by many routers. It is a private IP address range which means IP addresses in this range, from 192.168.0.1-254(which are addresses that your router assigns to your PC) are not routable on the Internet. Your router provides DHCP service to your PC, assigning a private IP address to it automatically when you boot your computer, and when you request information on the Internet, it converts this IP address into a public IP address that is routable on the Internet(called network address translation or NAT). This method prevents someone from attacking your PC directly and stealths your PC from someone looking for vulnerable computers to attack.

Both these entries should list Trusted in the Zone column.

Hope this helps.

WATCHER

Thread Information